Thursday, August 25, 2016

HyperBackup and Amazon Drive

Amazon Drive is a cloudstorageservice that currently costs £55/year for UNLIMITED storage. They have a three month trial which I am currently testing with HyperBackup. Performance is pretty good. Alot better than Dropbox (atleast from here in Sweden). I've tried HyperBackup a bit with Google Drive but I've had a few issues where the backup stopped working (!). Bad news obviously but I'll try this for awhile and see what happens. My number one rule with HyperBackup is: * Do NOT cover your entire NAS with one backupjob if you've got lots of TB's of data. If something goes wrong, everything is lost. You can in theory "relink" from a new NAS if your current one is stolen/similar but relinking LARGE backupjobs takes alot of time (with GoogleDrive anyway). After 8hours or so I just gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment